Is IngramSpark the right choice for YOU? Or should you stay with KDP-only (formerly CreateSpace) paperback distribution?
IngramSpark is a Print-on-Demand printer and distributor that you can use alongside or instead of KDP Print (formerly CreateSpace) to maximize your paperback distribution reach and royalties.
The same copy of your paperback sold by Barnes & Noble on their website can earn you twelve times more if you print and distribute with IngramSpark, when compared to KDP Print Expanded Distribution.
When used alongside KDP Print, IngramSpark will not affect your Amazon distribution at all. However, you can also use IngramSpark to sell your paperback (or hardcover) on Amazon.com instead of KDP Print and earn 30% more for each copy sold on Amazon.
Are there any other benefits of using IngramSpark?
- With Ingram, you can easily set up a paperback pre-order on Amazon and you can earn 30% more for each copy sold as a pre-order on Amazon.com (even if you use KDP Print for sales after the release date) than you would with KDP (which does not allow you to set up paperback pre-orders).
- You can earn more by allowing Ingram to continue to print copies sold on Amazon.com for all future orders.
- Since CreateSpace shutdown, you are no longer able to order advanced reader's copies printed by Amazon prior to making the book publicly available. IngramSpark is the most straightforward replacement for ordering those copies and you can take advantage of their option to add a personalized note to a selected copies to make even better impression on your early readers or reviewers.
- You can also use IngramSpark to publish reasonably-priced full-color book, hardcover edition, a book in 11x8.5" landscape format (a great choice for full-color illustrated children's books, also as a hardcover edition) and extremely long or short book (beyond what's possible with KDP Print).
If you don't see an option to unlock the full version of this article, or you have already subscribed but are still seeing this page instead of the full article, or you have not received "Master Print Distribution" course to your email inbox after subscribing, please let us know at [email protected] and we will sort it out quickly.
2020 updates: November 1st, June 10th, April 10th
2019 updates: November 11th, April 1st
2018 updates: November 6th, April 17th, January 1st
2017 updates: December 1st, October 25th, August 9th, June 5th
You can use IngramSpark alongside KDP Print (formerly CreateSpace) to maximize your Print-on-Demand distribution reach and profit from each sale. This article covers the reasoning behind that strategy and the financial details required to make an informed decision about your print distribution.
This always up-to-date, in-depth article includes current IngramSpark promotions available to all authors, which you can use to save on IngramSpark fees whenever possible. Subscribe to receive an email with new IngramSpark discount codes, and their expiration dates, as soon as they are available.
- Major distribution channels for paperbacks
- Wholesale discount impact on your royalties
- IngramSpark fees
- Getting your own ISBN
- Recouping IngramSpark-related costs
Confused by outdated and conflicting advice online? Looking for reliable information to help you on your publishing journey?